Thread: Pooping Red Poop? HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Exclamation Pooping Red Poop? HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

What does it mean is she is pooping red poop? I don't want her to die. She is a molly though. But they are closely related to guppies. I don't wanna lose her. My fry are also in the tank with her. On the other side of a divider. I need help!!!
    Fish. Tons of work, can't do tricks, never talk to you, can't come out of their tank. Why do I love them so? I doubt I'll ever figure that one out.

Hi:

It appears she may have some internal damage (possibly from giving birth). I would put some aquarium salt in there, if you are not doing that already, to help with the healing process.

Are you feeding your molly color enhancing foods? I have had my guppies poop be red before and it was because of the color enhancing food and not from a problem. However if she has just given birth then it could be a proplem from that. I hope that it is the food and not an illness or injury.

The only thing is that I feed Tetramin color enhancing flakes. is that what is causing this?
    Fish. Tons of work, can't do tricks, never talk to you, can't come out of their tank. Why do I love them so? I doubt I'll ever figure that one out.

guppykeeper Guest
    My female has a thick type of poop, but I don't worry about if because all the fish have the same color poop. I feed TetraMin Tropical Flakes.

Weather it is the color enhancing food or not, I would do what Edith suggested, Salt is a good healer and it NEVER hurts to add some to their water.

All the sites that I have been to says that AQUARIUM SALT is the first and foremost thing to do first and it also relieves stress. AQUARIUM SALT does wonders!
    EZ{this is}Not
    3/10gal-
    2/20gal
    1/29gal-
    1/40gal
    3/55gal-
    1/60gal-