Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling Guppies

Question Selling Guppies

ok i am curently breeding guppies and they have a lot of fry. well what do you do with all of the adult fish i was going to sell them to one of my lfs but when i sold them my 2 angel fish they didnt even give me any money, store cridet, not even a (thank you) does petco or petsmart give you guys any money,store cridet, or a thankyou lol let me know

GuppyMan1

Most stores will give store credit so either way they are making a large profit off of you..but if your like me and seem to be at the pet store every other day, it's not so bad.

that depends...How old are you?!
    You think you know everything, then you come to this forum and find everything you did was wrong and you know nothing.
    -Tasha
    Youth is fading, immaturity is forever!!
    to quote anything is like sayin' "hey, look at me i can quote!"
    -Kevin

Most LFS work of the store credit deal because they get items wholesale and raise up the prices. this way they pay even less for the fish. If you can get over $1 a fish cash your doing good i think but for store credit I would have to have $1.25 or higher and even thats too cheap If there are a bunch of people in the area raising gups then you wont get as much for them.

They will sell good quality guppies for $3-5 bucks each. For lesser fish about $2 bucks.

I had one store tell me .60 - .90 each store credit LOL!!!! I will give them away first.

this is of course if your just rasing guppies that are not IFGA quality. For those youd want premium prices. No sense paying for a good breed and getting ripped on them.
    Last edited by FancyGuppyGuy; January 27th-2005 at 04:43 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>> I LOVE GUPPIES!! <<<<<<<<<<<
    You only know what you have yet to learn.

i get half of $5.99 a pair at one lfs but there my tanks and i do water changes and filter changes. the other 2 lfs give $1 a fish they get my secs lol petsmart and walmarts on on huge contracks with poor sick fish

Thumbs down Off Topic

I wish there were some way to get wal-mart fish tanks shut down. My local WM (Acworth) is always closed, or is it the hiram one... anyway they are always close because of sick fish and when they aren't closed down, there are tens of fish dead on the bottom or stuck to the filter... Don't fish count as Pets... cant the humaine society step in and stop this nonsince?
    You think you know everything, then you come to this forum and find everything you did was wrong and you know nothing.
    -Tasha
    Youth is fading, immaturity is forever!!
    to quote anything is like sayin' "hey, look at me i can quote!"
    -Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by guppiecouple
    I wish there were some way to get wal-mart fish tanks shut down. My local WM (Acworth) is always closed, or is it the hiram one... anyway they are always close because of sick fish and when they aren't closed down, there are tens of fish dead on the bottom or stuck to the filter... Don't fish count as Pets... cant the humaine society step in and stop this nonsince?
    Wow, thats crazy! The wal-mart around my house actually has good qualitity fish. I think the most dead fish I've ever seen in the wal-mart tanks is two (not from the same tank.) I actually got four neons, one female guppy, and one cory from there about one+ month(s) (I'm not sure exactly how long. Longer than a month though.) ago. One of my neons died. But, it was a few days ago and it was because he was already TINY and the others seemed to pick on it. My female guppy is doing GREAT and my cory died. But, he died on accident. I didn't get algea waffers in time.... And my tank doesn't have algea in it. Stupid me thought he'd live off of eating just the tiny scraps of food on the bottom....
    Ten gallon tank- One male guppy. Two female guppies.
    First Breader net in 10 gallon- One guppy teen, too small for the 'big fish'.
    Second Breader net- 25+ guppy fry, born 6-3-05

R.I.P Lucky. 4-20-93 to 3-24-05 I miss you so much puppy!

well your lucky 90% of walmarts fish dept should be shut down.

how about... open your own shop? or a garage sales? LOL ... can you do that?
    28 gallon tank: 1 pleco, 4 corys(2 white, 2 assorted), 1 shrimp, about 100 male guppies

actually yes you can sell guppies to any one in a private transaction. although I suppose some states to have laws about mass breeding and selling of live fish.

They have to protect the rich you know
    >>>>>>>>>>> I LOVE GUPPIES!! <<<<<<<<<<<
    You only know what you have yet to learn.