Thread: How long until fry reach adult size?

How long until fry reach adult size?

Hi. I have about 6 guppy fry that were born around December 2004/January 2005. I am wondering, from some of your experience, how long it takes fry to reach adult size from birth? The fry are fairly large (too large to fit into the adults' mouths), but still considerable smaller than the adults (I am estimating somewhere between 3/4 inch and 1 inch from the mouth to the end of the tail fin). I don't know if this means anything or not, but they are all females (all of the males unfortunately died).

Thank you all, and I look forward to your responces.
    Scott
    3 Male Guppies
    3 Long-finned Zebra Danios
    2 Feather-finned Rainbows
    1 Plecostomus
    5 Ghost Shrimp

after 6 months they are considered adults. but if they are growing out in a smaller tank then they might be smaller than the ones you have in a larger tank. some guppies are just smaller than others. my endlers are much smaller than my others. and i ahve a 1/2 black one who is some what small compaired to my lyre tail and 1/2 yellow one.
    magically delicious

10 gallon tank guppy and platy fry, pleco

20 gallon female gups and fry.

25 gallon male gups

55 gallon 1 neon tetra,1 algae eater, 6 glow lite tetra, 1 long fin zebra danio, 3 long fin golden danios, 3 purple danios, 3 longfin blue danios, 1 rummy nose, 1 lyretail neon swords, 1 dwarf platy, 2 cherry barbs, 1 gold barb, 2 blood fin tetra, 2 red eye tetra, 1 pleco, 2 glass fish, 2 spotted picus cat, 2 green cory,

They did spend the first 3 or 4 months in a one gallon tank, but are now in my 10 gallon community tank (since they are now too big to be eaten). Is their growth permanantly stumped because they grew-up in the smaller tank, or could they continue growing to full size or near full size now that they are in a larger tank?

Thank you!
    Scott

they will grow bigger. guppies can grow to be 2.5. the smaller the grow tank the longer it takes to see the full size. i only kept my babies in a net breeder before i knew about all this neat stuff you can spend money on to help your fry grow to its fullest potential.

im sure you gups will be fine
    magically delicious

25 gallon male gups

55 gallon 1 neon tetra,1 algae eater, 6 glow lite tetra, 1 long fin zebra danio, 3 long fin golden danios, 3 purple danios, 3 longfin blue danios, 1 rummy nose, 1 lyretail neon swords, 1 dwarf platy, 2 cherry barbs, 1 gold barb, 2 blood fin tetra, 2 red eye tetra, 1 pleco, 2 glass fish, 2 spotted picus cat, 2 green cory,

Ok. Thank you so much for your responces. I kind of figured that they would continue growing, since they have been growing slowly, but surely over the last couple of months, since I put them in the larger tank, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!
    Scott

i have noticed that since i have a 10 gal tank for my new fry they are getting bigger quicker. the 20 opf the oldest ones are too big to be eaten at 2 1/2 weeks old, and the new fry about a 1 1/2 weeksold i wouldnt put in my big tank but the moms are in the baby tank with lots and lots of floating and planted fake of course plants and they are doing fine the moms arent even bothering with them. but they have hide outs to go from mom ofcourse
    magically delicious

25 gallon male gups

Ok. Sounds good. I no longer have the one gallon tank that the fry I have now grew up in. I now have another 10 gallon tank that I am going to be turning into a "Nursery Tank" so that I don't have this problem with future batches. Thank you again for all of your help.

Scott